Thursday, May 28, 2009




Memorial Weekend
Friday…….I took today off to start the weekend and prepare for the once a month “Stamp it up Club” meeting that I would be hosting in the evening. Although it was a holiday weekend and school just finished we had a decent turn out and had lots of fun. Lindsay brought Mom-in-law and Sister-in-law Amy. Rachel brought her best friend and Karen came as my guest. Cards were cute, food good and sangria sweet!
Saturday………Joe and I ran intervals for 3.30/1 intervals for almost 3 miles at Kedron. Claire came over in the afternoon with her friend Cameron. They played some games, we went to the playground for a bit and then they baked some beer bread for me. We took Cameron home and by the time we got home Karen and Joe had arrived for our barbecue. We sat in the hot tub for a while, Joe and Karen went home and Claire and I crashed.
Sunday……..we ran again at Kedron for 4 miles at a 3:30/1 interval and Karen ran for 9 miles! While we were running Gordon made Claire breakfast and by the time we got home she was ready for the hot tub again. Once Karen and Joe left Claire and I went to the movies to see “Night at the Museum II” Although I had not seen the first movie I really enjoyed this one. Claire really wanted to bake a cake for Memorial Day and her Mom and Jeff’s anniversary. Needless to say she chose a flag cake – Cathleen seemed to appreciate the thought anyway.
Monday – Memorial Day…..Joe, Karen and I decided to do a long run this morning. For Joe and I a long run was 6 miles but Karen had already done 9 miles the day before (what was she thinking)? Anyway….the weather looked a bit doubtful at 8:30am this morning but the rain held through our run. The overcast skies made for an extremely humid run making it difficult to catch your breath but we held out own through the mileage. Since we were doing a longer run Joe and I decided to stick with a 3/2 interval. I brought us some orange slices and we stretched and headed home. Once home we were treated to one of Gordon’s awesome pancake breakfast then we jumped in the hot tub to rejuvenate our aching muscles. In the afternoon Gordon took me to Fleet Feet to spend my $25 gift certificate. I purchased a cute little running skirt (blue) and a tank top (lime green). Then we headed to Academy sports where I found a top to wear with shorts and a running tank top (strawberry) on sale yet! By the time we arrived home the humidity had lifted and there was a wonderful breeze so Gordon and I had “cocktails” on the deck....more to come

No comments:

Post a Comment